1. Oh, Fransson!’s binding method works (be sure to cut strips 2.5 inches!). Loving the hidden stitches and crisp mitered corners. Next time, use a thimble when hand-stitching…
2. For some reason, making a small quilt is not nearly as satisfying as making a larger one. At least it looks respectable all folded up. Best to go bigger next time. Toddler bed quilts? Throw quilts? Twin quilts (gulp!)?
3. Don’t judge a quilt until it’s quilted. My goodness what a BIG difference that little bit of texture makes!
4. Um, press the quilt before photographing. Yes, it’s really necessary.
5. Working from a pattern (Oh, Fransson! New Wave with modifications) is not all that creatively fulfilling even when it’s a cool design. Enjoyed making the quilt back (especially the quilting design) more than the front… because I created it.